Men’s Mental Health Awareness
November is considered a month to help destigmatize men’s health. According to the CDC, males make up 49% of the population but almost 80% of all suicides.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Talking about mental health issues doesn’t make you “weak.” It’s actually an act of courage.
- Speaking up when struggling is not “attention seeking.” It’s someone seeking support.
- You do not need to “man up.”
- It’s okay to show your emotions
- It’s okay to take a break
Men’s mental health deserves our attention year round. Keep talking, sharing resources, and creating spaces for men to be able to talk honestly about their mental health.