Penn Dodge Ball Tournament for Cancer
Penn will be hosting a Dodgeball tournament for the second consecutive year. The tournament is Thursday April 28th at 6:30 PM in the main arena.
The tournament will be separated into divisions based off of each grade and staff. Freshman and Sophomores will be in one bracket and Juniors and Seniors will face off in a different bracket.
The minimum amount of players needed to play is 8 and the maximum is 10. Their is one captain per team who must put down their phone number and email address. All team registrations and $5 donations are due by April 19th and must be turned into Mr. Ball or Mr. Cantoni. Only the first 16 teams in each division will be able to compete.
All donations made will go to the American Cancer Society. Sign up to support and join the fight against Cancer!
1. The court will be the volleyball court, same size with a center line and 2 sidelines and an end line.
2. There will be two referees, one on each side of the court.
3. There will be six balls split into two even groups at the end of the center line.
4. You out if: 1.) You step on or over the sideline or center line. 2.) A thrown ball hits your body 3.) You throw a live ball and it is caught by the opponent.
5. A thrown ball can only get one player out.Thrown balls that hit the ground, the wall, other balls, or other objects before hitting the opponent are considered dead balls, and are ineligible to get players out.
6. You may block a thrown ball with a held ball. However if you drop the blocking ball during the act of blocking, or if you fail to make a clean block (as in the thrown ball still ends up hitting or grazing your body afterwards), you are out.
7. If you are out, line up on the sideline in the order you got out in, you will be admitted back into play in that order. If your teammate catches a ball, the player at the start of your team’s line, comes back into play after touching the end line. The teammate must be in this ordered line at the time of the catch to be eligible to be brought back in.
8. You may only hold a ball for 10 seconds, afterwards, it will be considered dead. Dead balls needed to be rolled over immediately to the other team.
9. If the game comes down to one player per side, they have 10 seconds to hit each other out; if not, “Showdown” comes into effect. The game is paused, each player gets two balls, two balls are lined up at the ends of the center line, and the center line is dissolved. The first player to get the other player out wins.
10. Have fun, shake hands, make friends and spirited.
THE RULING OF THE OFFICIALS IS FINAL!